Thursday, July 24, 2008

wow!

Tomorrow is officially our final day here in Rhode Island. I am saddened by this reality but I am glad I came here and I got to meet all these wonderful people. I would not change this experience for anything not even a million dollars (and that is hard to say as cheesy as it may sound). I met so many wonderful people here and it feels like if I have known them for a long while. But enough of all this sadness.

Today, we had class where we had a self-defense workshop! It was awesome, now I think I can probably defend myself if I need to, I think this workshop is going to be really useful just as the other workshops.

Lunch with Robin Rose was great, I love how personable she is. We conversed about how there are classes for seniors (rising college freshmans).

Well tomorrow we all have our big presentation, we all have to give our presentation on our capstone.

adriana

2 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

Wow is right. I am glad that you have experienced the Ivy League Connection and that you had a chance to visit with Robin Rose. Before you leave please visit the admissions office and get information on how to apply to Brown. You are a rising senior and you want to know about the program called "Brown near you". This is a program that has Brown University representatives coming to the Bay Area to talk about applying to their college.

As you know, you will have time with Sue Kim to work on your college applications. Please make sure that you tell her that Brown is now on your "watch list" and that you want to know what you need to apply to this college.

Remember you have to take at least three subject matter tests along with the reasoning test. So I hope that you have done all of the above. It is critical that you cover all the bases. Enough of that, it is time to do well tomorrow on your capstone project and then have a great time with your friends before you come home on Saturday.

Anyway, thanks for all the wonderful blogs. This group has been top notch.

Best of luck tomorrow.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Don Gosney said...

Adriana⎯Do you notice how, when Charles sends a supportive comment, he tends to remind you of how much work he’s going to throw at you when you get back?

Me, on the other hand, I want to be supportive now and be supportive when you return. I want to offer my help when I can and let it go at that.

You’re all smart people and you know what you have to do. You don’t need any of us to brow beat you or to force you to do anything. Of course, you don’t need any of us giving you those glares with a guttural scowl when you fail to live up to your obligations. You have plenty of incentives to do the right thing without directives from any of us. A friendly reminder now and again wouldn’t be out of the question, though, would it?

If you get a chance, take a look at some of my comments to your team members about the self-defense tools you were taught. I don’t want to sound like I’m repeating myself so you can read it all elsewhere.

Enjoy your last full day of class and wow them with your speech.