Saturday, July 19, 2008

More of Rhode Island

Waking up first thing in the morning and thinking about Newport is a great feeling knowing ahead that you are going to the sandy beaches and "Little Italy." We call it "Little Italy" because of all the little shops on Thames Street varying from boutiques to restaurants. We took the bus there and it was a bit under an hour drive there across the water and everything. I absolutely LOVE Newport. It is just so natural and welcoming to visitors which makes it even more stunning! We basically walked around a lot. Well, we went shopping first but then after a while we decided to go to the beach-not knowing the distance from the beach. However, we did get there and it was worth the walk. I noticed that the sand is really grainy and nice-soft and small not like ours. The downside about going to Newport was the bus ride. It was really hot and humid so we we were all sweating and smelly by the time we got back to providence.

This evening, we went to see the "Waterfire." It was STUNNING! It started off with music to liven up the atmosphere and it was absolutely amazing! No words to express the happiness I found there at the "Waterfire." Therefore, once I upload the pictures I took, all of you will be able to experience the happiness I felt just sitting down and watching the glow of the fire. I also loved how people here are so into the events that happens around here which makes it the more amazing.

Well, thank you all. This is not the end. There is more to come such as the pictures from Newport and the "Waterfire." From what I heard, we will be going to Boston, Massachusetts tomorrow at nine. We might even get a tour of Harvard and go on a boat along the coast. Well so far this have been such an amazing experience that I am speechless. For now, I got tons of work to get started on. BYE!

2 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

No Meuy, your post is STUNNING. I loved it. You have a great gift in constructing your posts in vivid detail that takes the reader through your journey. I am glad that you are having a great summer and that this trip was worth it. I know that more than anyone you were looking forward to the time at Brown and now you are being rewarded.

Enjoy your day in Boston. I hope it is just as enjoyable as your time yesterday in Newport and in Providence.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Meuy,

You make me want to go to Newport.

I'm so glad you are having a good time and I so appreciate your sharing it with all of us back home.

The Providence Chamber of Commerce should hire you as a representative, you have sold all your readers on "Waterfire".

Thanks again for writing and taking us all along on your trip.