Saturday, July 12, 2008

We're Off to Brown!!!

OK then, we are now currently waiting at the Charlotte Douglas Airport and shall soon depart to Brown! My first remembered plane ride! It was LONG!!! But it was still very very fun. I sat in the middle but I kind of wanted to sit near the window. Either way though, it was still great and the clouds looked very fluffy!!! We watched 21, which I really wanted to watch for a long time.

It feels like a dream that I am not in CA anymore. I really can't wait to see the Brown campus. Excitement, anxiety, and a whole bunch of feelings just jumbled together. Though I had to wake up at 3 in the morning and I am feeling pretty tired, there is another side of me right now that is fully awake and hoping to see more!!!

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Jessica--

Long ago in a more perfect world we used to be able to reserve our seats on a plane and we could choose whether we sat in the front, middle or back of the plane or choose aisle, window or middle seats. Now we have what you saw today.

On the positive side, you have the benefit of being a small and petite person so sitting in the middle, while maybe not your first choice, still isn't that big of a deal. When a person my size has to sit in the middle, with his shoulders hanging past the edge of his seat by six inches on each side, it's just plain uncomfortable.

When I go for the window seat, sometimes the curve of the fuselage hits my head as it curves upwards. When I sit on the aisle where I can hang over some, the beverage cart keeps ramming into me and every fatso heading to the rest room smashes into me coming and going.

I'm still trying to figure out how it is that from San Francisco to Rhode Island you end up in the Carolinas.

Get plenty of rest so you don't mentally crash just when you should start all of the fun stuff.

And remember to blog every chance you get. Those of us that you abandoned back home really do read these blogs. And post plenty of photos and video clips.

And don't forget to have fun.

Check with Gina and she can share some of the photos from this morning.