Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am a Leader!

Every Saturday, an event called the "Waterfire" is held here in the evening. The title is pretty much self-explanatory.
This is just a unique architectural church that we happened to see on the way back to our dorms. I am into architecture so this church appealed to me.



I am feeling good and confident today. Earlier, we had a presenter named Jennifer Madden who gave us advice about how to be a good public speaker. She also gave us tips on how to minimize the fears that we have, such as how to breathe in way that calms you down and other tricks. I learned that there are three different types of speeches and at the afternoon session, each and every one of the female students had to present an impromptu-a speech that you give right off the top of your head. Although I am usually not a good public speaker, I absorbed all of the tips and tricks given to give a decent speech that showed me and many others that I do have a strong voice. I can speak my mind and show passion for it as well. This activity impowered me and gave a boost to my confident in fulfilling my role as a leader. Now I know that I can overcome obstacles and things are not as scary as it may seem if you gain the courage to face up to it.


2 comments:

Charles Ramsey said...

Yes, you are a leader! Meuy, you are finding your voice and you are showing us that you have a fantastic mind. I love your posts. You are able to share with us all that is going on around you including the weather.

Keep us posted with what you are learning in class. I want to also remind you to visit the Admissions office before you leave. It is important to also take a campus tour so you learn more about Brown and the wonderful services that the campus has for its students. Also visit the Rockefeller Library so you can see all that Brown has to offer its students.

Thanks again for sharing with us your thoughts. You are an outstanding student and I am glad that you are at Brown University.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Charles Ramsey said...

One last comment. Great pictures. I love the visual. Keep up the good work and give us more shots of the campus. I hope you will go into the main library and give us some of those pictures.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey