Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday at Boston

Since there are no classes on weekends and we have seen a lot of Providence we decided we wanted to visit somewhere new. The girls (Meuy, Gina, Jessica, Mercedes, Anne one of our friends from another class, and I) went to Boston, Massachusetts with Mr. Miranda. We had so much fun. There is SO much to do and so little time. When we were on our trolley tour and the driver was describing the history of the city and pointing out all the historical spots I was so excited, my mind went completely back to my AP U.S. History class. It may sound cheesy but I was so excited at the fact that I was in a city that I had read so much about, The Boston Tea Party, Paul Revere's house, and Bunker Hill where the Battle of Bunker Hill took place. We took a cruise tour of Boston's shore line and the most fascinating part was the view and the skyline and just seeing all the architecture.
After our tours of Boston we took the subway to Harvard. I never thought I was ever going to ever step into Harvard. Harvard is very much like Brown with it's old style buildings, the school really had a good vibe. Our time was cut short due to bad timing and some really strong rain showers, I hope I can go back and visit the school some other time again.

P.s. I was really excited about going to Boston that I forgot to charge my camera and I wasn't able to take lots of pictures.
-Adriana

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

Great post. I am glad that you had a chance to visit Harvard. You will be able to share the experience with all of your classmates and family when you return home. I am glad that all of you are having a wonderful time on campus and I appreciate all of the daily updates on what you have experienced.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Charles T. Ramsey