Sunday, July 13, 2008

fun day!

Summer at Brown has officially started! We got our class schedules, dorm keys and many more. In the morning we moved out of our temperary rooms and into our permanent ones. Everything went by smoothly, I even get to room with Jessica! I met a bunch of new people from all around the country, and even someone from Spain. I got to explore the campus and look around to familiarize myself to my new surroundings. Today was filled with a lot of fun things like our brunch at the Maddock Alumni building. We had a great time there, and I just have to mention that Jessica's speech was awesome! I can't wait for the class to start tomorrow morning, so that I can begin to advance my education on women and the impact we can have on the society. Everything is going great over here, and I can't wait to do more exploring! I'm just really excited for everything!This is all for now!

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Gina--I'm going to make a point to compare your enthusiasm in two weeks to what I'm seeing now. I know you're going to have a blast and what you're going to be learning--both in class and out of it--you'll carry with you the rest of your life.

Most people, though, and especially younger people like your team that haven't spent much time away from home, they either get homesick and antsy to return home or they love it so much they never want to go home.

We're all glad that everything's going so smoothly for you.

Charles and Madeline have written back to us and made a few phone calls to give us an update and, aside from telling us how warm it is back there, they were really high on Jessica's speech. I wish it had been televised so we could all share it with you.

Best of luck with your classes, Gina, and don't be shy about writing to tell us everything.