Sunday, July 13, 2008

So far ...

Hello there again! So I finally got the internet working on my laptop. Well it has been a long day. First of all, we woke up and had to pack our bags all over again because we had to move into our permanent dorm for the next two weeks. I actually met my roommate, Erica, while waiting to register at Sayles Hall. However, I did not know that she was my roommate until I registered and got my room keys and what do you know??? She is my roommate. Once we reached our dorms and settled in, we got ready for the brunch with Brown officials and alumni at Maddocks. It was such a gorgeous and emmaculate house! I learned a lot by communicating with them and I feel special because I got a chance to meet Robin Rose and also my Women and Leadership teacher before hand. I think that meeting all these people really gave me a heads-up on the days to come. Well as for now, I have to leave to meet with my RA in the lounge. After that, I'll probably start reading the book for our class. Also, I need to go to bed early because tomorrow is officially the first day of class! I am nervous but excited for the things that will await me in future. Thank you all for making this possible! Until next time!

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Meuyyy--This is one of the problems with being a girl. If you were a guy, I'm betting that you'd be living out of your suitcase the whole two weeks so repacking never would be an issue. Guys just know how to be more efficient with some things. It's like using the same dish, fork and glass night after night (with appropriate rinsing) so you don't have to buy a bunch of dishes or wearing the same clothes until they fall off your body to avoid having to do the laundry. It's a guy thing.

Sounds like you have nice accommodations and a cool roommate so you're getting off on the right foot. Now you get to just attend classes and let the new world change your life forever.