Thursday, July 17, 2008

ropes course

Today two of the leadership classes went to try the ropes course. We were all separated into smaller groups and started my playing small trust games such as willow in the wind (you drop and the group catches you). We all also played other games that only worked if the team was working together. I did these kind of games before back in California so I had an idea of what we were going to go through. I really liked the activities, I learned to trust my classmates and showed them that they can trust me as well. We accomplished all of our tasks and I even found myself taking a leadership role.

When we got back we were all really tired, we ate dinner and Jessica and I decided to try something new, Yoga. It had been a while since we both had stretched (since Saturday?).

I have learned a lot today, from Yoga to trusting others more.

adriana

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

Thanks for being open Adrianna. I want you to know that you have learned a value lesson and that sometimes one needs to trust those who want to be supportive. I know that it can tough but we at some point have to believe that others will carry their load and make the difference.

A decade ago I was working with a young lady who was a superstar basketball player. She had all the skills necessary to be a star but unfortunately she could not trust anyone and ultimately it became her undoing. I was saddened by it but I realized that sometimes a person can be their own worst enemy and lose sight of the big picture.

I am glad that you see the big picture and that you are coming back to the Bay Area armed with the knowledge that you can make yourself and Richmond High School a better community.

So keep on posting and continue to share with us what you see at Brown University. A lot of people are reading and absorbing all of this information.

Have fun with your friends this evening and I am glad that you tried Yoga.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey