Wednesday, July 16, 2008

public speaking!!

So today in class we learned about public speaking. Our guest speaker was Dr.Jennifer Madden. She taught us about all the skills we needed and how to improve in some areas. We also had to do an impromptu speech. I was really nervous to go up there, but in the end it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. My speech wasn't the best one, and I know that I can improve on it. In the next week and a half I'll practice my speeech and by the last day I'll have it down like nothing! Everyone was so passionate about their speeches and it made me feel good about mine.
Tonight we have another community activity on diversity. I know that it will be really fun, and we'll get to bond with the other people here. Instead of going to class tomorrow, we are going to a rope course area. They say it will be really fun yet hard, but I won't let this intimidate me.
The thing about the pictures, I can't upload them into the blog because they say there is an error, yet everyone else can. I'll keep on trying though! This is all for now!

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

I am glad that you are acquiring the skills needed to improve your public speaking. I also hope that you will eventually discover how to upload those photo's, we really want to see them.

Keep up the good work Gina. You are doing good things. However, we do want to read about your impressions of the other students that you are meeting at Brown. We want to also find out what is different about being in these classes versus what you learn at Richmond High School.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey