Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Best Day Ever So Far!

Today all the students from the Women and leadership classs and the conflict and resolution class had to get up earlier because we were going to our rope course. We rode on the bus for probably only 45 minutes. First getting there I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect and wether I was going to be able to do it. After trying the first little activities, which included the famous trust falls, I felt more comfortable doing the activities.The one actvity that I did not try was one where we had to get to the top of a 12 foot wall that had no ropes or anything. We had to get up by people pushing up and people on top pulling.I did not try that activity because I knew I would too scared because of the fact that I'm really scared of heights. Other than that I participated in all the activities which I'm proud of because in the beginnig of the day the instructors had us make a goal for the day. My goal was to push myself, challenge myself, and to get out of my comfort zone. I'm proud of myself because I believe I reached my goal for the day which I had not thought I would be able to do.We all got to our rooms tired and rushing to get in the shower. We were warned about ticks at the ropes course,but I think I'm clear of any little critter for now. W e all ate dinner and seperated to do what we had to do wehter it was yoga class homework or going out to by some snacks.
I don't regret coming here. I'm having so much fun and meeting some many new people.

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

Mercedes you are making great strides at Brown. I am so proud of your commitment and effort. I knew that you would gain a lot from the program.

I can see that your confidence has grown just during the first week. I know that when you return to Richmond High School you will have a lot to share with your colleagues on campus. Please continue reaching out to others on campus and continue to make new friends. With new technology you can keep in contact with anyone in the world.

Take care and have fun.

Charles T. Ramsey