Monday, July 21, 2008

Today's Class

Above is a picture of a game we played today relating to Leadership.

Today in class we prsented our project on Amazing Women. In my group was Adriana, Grace, and Lily. Our amazing woman was Coco Chanel. We found her to be admirable because she revolutionized the work clothes for women. She made it so women can look professional and feminine all at once, and kind of blurred the lines between women and men's fashion.

We had a woman named Rosanna Castro come speak to us. She is a board member, and she just wants to make sure that sudents have all the resources they need for college. She talked about how she is a leader and what she does for the students. After her presentation we talked about assertiveness. We had activities where we had to do some role playing, and each person acted passive, aggressive, or assertive. I found out that I'm very passive, but I can also be assertive in certain situations.

After the assertive activity we had another guest speaker. Her name is Angela Romans, and she works in the admission office at Brown University.She told us all about what colleges were looking for and how we should do certain stuff to make us stand out in the applications. All of these guest speakers have really helped me out. I learned so much from them, and I would never have had a chance like this without the Ivy League Connection.

1 comment:

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Gina,

Thanks so much for sharing about Angela Romans and Rosanna Castro. I can hear that you are learning a great deal. Just recognizing how and when you are passive and assertive is a BIG first step. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you about leadership when you return.

Thanks for posting the picture -- and especially thanks for keeping us in the loop.