Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A father's first blog posting ever

I'll have to admit that this is the first "blog" I've ever read. Still not even sure what a blog is really. It was very informative to read all the entries. Lots of good comments and it helps me understand what's going on out there in Brownworld. I liked all the enthusiasm the students are showing and I really liked reading Kiana's comments since if I had asked her directly how Brown was going I'd probably get a two or three word answer. I'd like to hear more about the contrast between our inner-city-socioeconomically-challenged-yet-brilliant students and the majority of the students in the Brown summer program who seem to be from the TV show The OC. Swimming pools, movie stars, ...
Not sure about blog-tiquette so maybe I shouldn't be posting here? Is this just for students? Sorry in advance if I've blogged things all up.

1 comment:

Charles Ramsey said...

No this blog is not just for students. All of us involved in this project are encouraged to post and share your comments. At the end of the summer Don Gosney will memorialize our work in a booklet format so that we can archieve our work.

You are not the first parent to blog on our multiple sites. We have also had teachers from back home share their feelings on the blogs.

So continue to post and share with us your thoughts and views. You may also want to ask the students to expand on their posts and give us more information about their colleagues, classes and the overall campus environment. I can tell you that I just returned from Brown and the campus was alive and buzzing with energy. I can say that it is a wonderful campus with a lot of resouces. I am glad that we have a couple of students who graduated from El Cerrito High School last year going to Brown this fall.

Thanks again Sean for sharing your impressions and do not hesitate to keep posting on this site.

Charles T. Ramsey
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District