Tuesday, February 17, 2009

where are you adriana!?

I will update everyone about what I have been up to. I applied to NYU, Vassar, Brown, Stanford and a couple of UCs. Right this second I am at the lobby of the Marriott at Poughkeepsie, NY. Very exciting! I was given the great opportunity to visit Vassar College and NYU and this is my first night. I am tired but really excited!
First we left the East Coast from Oakland and landed at JFK airport in New York. After that my mother and I took a bus to Penn Station, of course this was during rush hour and it was crazzzzzy (yes with that many "z's") ten times or even faster than San Francisco. Although everyone seemed to be minding there on business and walking pretty fast I didn't feel intimidated at all. I am surprised.
At Penn station we took the train to Poughkeepsie, NY, and my mother and I ate dinner.


I am excited and grateful for this chance, and I can't wait for tomorrow, I will be taking a tour of Vassar and afterwards I will be going back to New York City to see NYU. Well I am off to get some sleep, have to make a good impression, starting with being well rested.

By the way, It was sunny when I got to NY and not too cold. But Poughkeepsie is by far colder than New York City.

2 comments:

Don Gosney said...

Adriana,

It's great to hear from you. I hope you take note that of everyone back home that have been telling you how supportive they are, it was I who was the first to respond to your blog posting.

There must be something wrong with the blog server, though since I couldn't find any of the photos that I KNOW that you posted.

NYU is a great university but Vassar has always had that mystique as a girls only college so make sure you take plenty of photos for me. If you can grab me an email address or phone number that would be cool, too.

Do us a favor, Adriana, and ask your mother to weigh in on her impressions, too. Help her out with that if you can.

Have fun and we'll read more from you on Wednesday.

Don

Madeline Kronenberg said...

Adriana,

Sounds like you had a perfect trip -- it always is when you get there early!!!

I'm glad the weather is cooperating and that you didn't feel intimidated by all the many people walking pretty fast -- that's the New York way.

Thanks for the post. Like Don, I'm anxious to hear from you about the Vassar tour and how you think it compares to Brown. I'm interested in how they describe themselves and if you can see yourself there.

How did your Mom like her first East Coast experience? I'd love to know what her impressions were and if she still sees herself maybe moving there to be closer to daughters? How different does it seem for her from Richmond?

I'm glad you got to see the Big Apple today -- it's always fun to tour. I'm looking forward to what you think of NYU. Let us know how they impress you and what you think of them compared to Brown and Vassar.

Keep warm -- and keep having a wonderful time!!